Name: As'ad Musa 'Odeh
Address: Kababeer, Carmel Mount., Haifa
Tel: +972 (0)4 8360727
E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Al-Ahmadiyya” local primary school in Kababeer.
- Graduated both junior high & high school in the Haifa Educational Complex run by the Catholic Church (Convent of Nazareth School) under the supervision of the Ministry of Education, [Matriculation certificate].
- Read Math & Computer sciences, Statistics, Political science and Natural sciences, Criminology and Woman studies at Haifa University.
- Major in Arabic language & literature in Haifa University, BA from Haifa University in Arabic language & literature, and Inter-disciplinary studies.
- Completed his MA studies in Arabic Language & Literature in Haifa University, and currently engaged in finalizing his theses comprising a study of specific aspects of Arabic Philology.
Professional practical experience
- Works as linguistic editor, proofreader and prepares of various Arabic texts to print since the age of 19.
- Since 2003 works also as tri-lingual translator providing translation services from Hebrew & English into Arabic & vice versa.
- Worked as linguist editor and proofreader in the daily “Al- Itihad”, in the paper: “Haifana” & in the literature quarterly “Masharef” and other publications.
- Had been employed by “ROAA Translation & Publishing” as translator, editor & proofreader for a long time, [2003-2010] and now is works for them as freelancer.
- Publishes a regular column in the weekly “Haifa” and also publish articles in national & international journals, such as: “Al- Bushra” & “Al- Taqwa” and in the daily: “Al- Itihad” and in the on-line journal: “Kadita”.
- Engaged in writing and creative work within the area of Arabic language and literature, and active in the community.
- Since 2010, a full member of ITA – The Israeli Translators Association.
Social and community contribution
* Participates willingly in various social, cultural and educational activities within the community:
- Since 2010, serving voluntarily as secretary/facilitator for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community in Israel, in all matters concerning texts publication.
- Since 1993, involved in production & presenting of social and cultural program in MTA International- The Global Islamic Ahmadi satellite channel.
- In the period of 2000-2004, served as the general secretary of the Ahmadiyya Muslim community in Israel. [A volunteer job].
Arabic, Hebrew, English, German
Computer skills and know how
Word, Excel, Access, Power-Point,
Operating systems: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 98.2K
See recommendations in the site.